I first had a bite of this salad at a party that my family hosted. We made the main dish and our guests brought side dishes. If you haven’t tried this type of party I highly recommend it. It’s like a potluck without the pressure.
Out of all the sides this kale guac salad was my favorite. My friend made so much of it that there were leftovers …that she let us keep. Eeeep. The salad stayed tasty and fresh the next day. Something I don’t think I could say about any other salad.
- 1 bunch of Kale
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Red Onion
- 3 Tbs Black Beans
- 1/4 Cucumber
- 1/2 cup Corn
- 2 Tbs Cilantro
- 1/2 Lime
- Olive Oil
- Himalayan salt.
- Pre-cook black beans and corn OR open canned versions.
- Dice bell pepper, onion, cilantro, cucumber and avocado.
- Combine ingredients into a bowl, squeeze half a lime over it and mix. Salt to taste
- Spine and tear Kale into serving dish. Drizzle with olive oil and massage. Kale will become easier to digest.
- Pour Guac over kale. Vua-la!
Look at this amazing new type of avocado I found, it is sooooo creamy and the skin peels right off.
I love this salad so much that I make it for parties, picnics, pretty much any occasion. Especially when I am having a hectic week. I whip it up, put it in the fridge and then I have this highly nutritious yummy colorful meal waiting for me.