Every year on Christmas Eve we set out a large silver platter covered in assorted chocolates. Some big, others covered in nuts and a few sparkled with gold. While I don’t consider myself a chocolate enthusiast something about this platter made the holiday time feel real and tangible.
When I decided to cut out all animal and animal products from my diet and become a plant based vegan my mind immediately went to that silver platter.
It took me an entire day of bon-bon trials, one of the sweetest days on my life, but I finally found the perfect bon-bons that is worthy of being placed on the silver platter.
- 15 Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup Cashew
- 1 tbs Cacao Nibs
- 3 tbs Crushed Cashews
- 3 tbs Crushed Cacao Nibs
- 3 tbs Cacao Powder
- 3 tbs Matcha
- Place cashews, dates and cacao nibs into a food processor. Pulse till its smooth.
- Scoop out mixture and place on plate.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour, so its not too sticky.
- Roll in balls. I wanted them to be varied in size some are nickel sized others are as big as quarters.
- Roll balls in toppings.
- Place in fridge till you are ready to serve this ooey gooey masterpiece.
Please follow :